Thursday, October 23, 2008

Baked Sweet Potatoes (Yams)

3 large sweet potatoes or yams
olive oil
salt
pepper

Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Peel and chop sweet potatoes or yams into bite size cubes. Toss lightly in olive oil and spread out on a large cookie sheet so the potatoes are 1 layer deep. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for approximately 1/2 hour. (depends on the oven so watch closely after 20 minutes) Test with a fork for softness before removing from the oven.

4 comments:

Jami Jackson said...

My friend in West Virginia does a good blog on food. It's www.foodforthought10.blogspot.com. I have a couple things on there I think. Also there's one that I just love looking at because she gives such detailed steps to her cooking. It's http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/

Great idea Jessica and I'll be referring to it now and then!

Muncher Cruncher said...

Jess i'd love to be a part of this!! what do i need to do!?!?! xoxoxo

Trav and Linds said...

I love new recipes, I too get way stuck in the rut of cooking the same old meals, so I am always looking for new ideas. Keep the yummy recipes coming, if I think of some I will send them your way!

Lauri said...

I have fallen in love with Sweet Potatoes! We tried them in a different stage of life and ... I love to bake the fries.